Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
Newborn Screening Rulemaking
On May 7, 2012, Governor Brewer signed SB 1528 (Laws 2012, Ch. 299), which removes the fee cap for a second newborn screening specimen. The Department is planning to revise the rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 13, Article 2 to establish a new second fee and make other changes that would reduce the burden on stakeholders. The Department has received an exception from the Governor's rulemaking moratorium, established by Executive Order 2012-03, to conduct this rulemaking.
The Department will be revising these rules using the following process:
- Post draft rules and provide an online survey for comments about the draft rules
- Revise the draft based on comments received
- Meet with a group of stakeholders representing different interests related to newborn screening to review the revised draft rules and obtain comments/suggested changes
- Post notes from meeting(s)
- Continue to solicit comments through an online survey
- Prepare a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for publication in the Arizona Administrative Register
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 20 A.A.R. 64
- Working Group Meeting Notes
- Draft Rules - August 2013
- Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening 19 A.A.R. 154
Note: Information provided in PDF files.