Office of Administrative Counsel & Rules
Rulemakings in Progress
The rulemakings described below are in progress. See Completed Rulemakings for rulemakings that have been finished.
A.R.S. § 36-405(A) requires the Department to adopt rules to establish minimum standards and requirements for the licensing of health care institutions necessary to assure public health, safety, and welfare. The rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 10 specify licensing requirements for health care institutions.
Previous rulemakings have allowed for integration of behavioral and physical health services to occur under a single health care institution license. The statutory changes in Laws 2015, Ch.158, effective April 1, 2015, will allow for integrated services to occur at the same physical outpatient treatment center location under multiple licenses (colocation). Laws 2015, Ch.158 also allows the Department to adopt rules for the provision of respite care on the premises of an outpatient treatment center for children receiving behavioral health services and for children who are receiving behavioral health services to receive respite care in a behavioral health residential facility without a nursing assessment or physical examination if the child will be receiving respite services for fewer than five consecutive days at the facility.After receiving an exception from the Governor's rulemaking moratorium, established by Executive Order 2015-01, the Department is amending the rules in 9 A.A.C. 10 to allow:
- The provision of respite care on the premises of an outpatient treatment center for children receiving behavioral health services
- A child to receive respite services for fewer than five consecutive days in a behavioral health residential facility without a nursing assessment or physical examination
- November Rules | Online Survey (Available through January 31, 2016)
- August Draft Rules | Online Survey (Available through September 27)
- 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1 General
- 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 7 Behavioral Health Residential Facilities
- 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 10 Outpatient Treatment Centers
- Laws 2015, Ch. 158
Note: Information provided in PDF files.
***This webpage and the material contained herein are provided as a public service for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal advice or opinion; and, unless expressly noted, does not reflect official ADHS policy.