Office of Vital Records
Apply for a Death Certificate
- On January 1, 2015 the Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records Lobby at 1818 W. Adams Phoenix, AZ 85007 closed the public lobby. Mail-in services will still be available.
- El 1 de enero de 2015 la recepción de la Oficina del Registro Civil del Departamento de Servicios de Salud de Arizona, ubicada en el 1818 W. Adams, Phoenix , AZ 85007, cerró cerrada al público. Los servicios por correo seguirán estando disponibles.
Apply in Person
The Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records no longer provides same day walk in customer service. You may apply for a certified copy of a birth or death certificate by mail. If you would like same day walk in customer service please visit your local county health department Office of Vital Records.
Apply by Mail
To apply by mail you must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Death Certificate
- A copy of the front and back of your valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature or have your signature notarized.
- Proof of eligibility.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.
- Appropriate fee, according to the fee schedule. Acceptable payment methods are: cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records. If you pay by credit/debit card, you must include the full card number and expiration date on your application.
Note: An incomplete application will delay the processing of your request.
Note: The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is five business days from the date the application is received in Vital Records.
If necessary, you can also request expedited service.