ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Population Health and Vital Statistics
Unlike the population estimates for 2001-2009, the 2010 population denominators for Arizona reflect the census enumerations. The denominator tables below are based on the Demographic Profile of the State, which provided cross-tabulations of gender by five-year age groups (<5, 5-9, 10-14, etc) and county of residence. They were developed in June 2011. At that time, no such population data were available by race/ethnic group and/or single-year of age. Since we were about to release Advance Vital Statistics by County of Residence, Arizona, 2010, we have decided to use the number of resident births in 2010 as the population <1 year of age. When the census population by race/ethnicity, age, and gender became available on 7/14/2011, the difference between the number of resident births (87,053) and the population <1 year of age (87,557) did not seem statistically significant. See U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder.
The decison to use the number of residents births slightly affected the size of of the population sub-group of children aged 1-14 years (we are using the number of 1,271,006 vs.the census count of 1,270,502; a difference of 504 or 0.04 percent).
- Population of Infants, Children (1-14 Years), Adolescents (15-19 Years), Young Adults (20-44 Years), Middle-Aged Adults (45-64 Years), and Elderly (65+) by Gender, and County of Residence
- Population of Infants, Children (1-14 Years), Adolescents (15-19 Years), Young Adults (20-44 Years), Middle-Aged Adults (45-64 Years), and Elderly (65+) by Gender, in Urban and Rural Areas
- Population by Ten-Year Age Groups, Gender, and County of Residence
- Population by Ten-Year Age Groups, and Gender in Urban and Rural Areas
- Population by Ten-Year Age Groups, Gender, and Race/Ethnicity
- Population aged 0-17 Years by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, and County of Residence
- Population of Females 19 or Younger by Race/Ethnicity
- Population of Females 19 or Younger by County of Residence
Note: Information provided in Excel files.