ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Hospital and Patient Statistics
CMS Payment Data
- Find searchable and comparative information on hospital care, quality, charges, and costs using the brand new AZ Hospital Compare tool.
- Be an Informed Consumer! Take advantage of a variety of online, quickly and easily searchable healthcare information resources available to you.
This searchable tool provides hospital level information on number of discharges, average charges and average Medicare payments for the Top 100 Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRGs) nationwide.
A Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) is a number assigned to each Medicare claim and used for determining the amount that Medicare will pay for the services provided. A special software program evaluates each patient record for diagnoses, procedures, age, sex, discharge status, complications and related conditions in order to assign the DRG for that patient visit. DRGs are useful for various comparative purposes because patients with the same DRG have similar characteristics, conditions and procedures.
Visit the CMS Payment Data website and browse the information using one of the following three methods corresponding to the red dots on the sample page below:
- Search for specific information using keywords such as a city, zip, hospital name, or state abbreviation AZ;
- Choose one of the colored tabs in the upper right corner of the site to filter data or change page views; or
- Hover your mouse over any row or column heading, then click on the red arrows that appear for term definitions and additional sorting options.