ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Office of Oral Health
Arizona Flouride Varnish Program
Start Early Protecting Your Child's Smile!
- Tooth decay remains one of the most common chronic diseases of childhood especially for Arizona children.
- Many Arizona children start school with tooth decay, a disease that is largely preventable.
- Tooth decay in children's teeth can be painful and prevent children from chewing, speaking, sleeping and learning.
Photo courtesy of Indian Health Service.
Fluoride Varnish is...
- A protective topical fluoride that is painted on all parts of the teeth.
- Safe and can be used from the time babies have their first tooth.
- Prevents new cavities and can help stop cavities that have just started.
- Should be applied on the teeth at least two times a year to keep teeth healthy.
The Arizona Fluoride Varnish Program
- The Arizona Fluoride Varnish Program is an oral health prevention program for children 0 to 5 years of age.
- A dental provider will look at your child's teeth and apply fluoride varnish as needed.
- All services are provided free to children 0 to 5 years of age.
Fluoride Varnish Resources
- Arizona Fluoride Varnish Program Parent Letter
- Fluoride Varnish: A Resource Guide
- National Maternal Child Oral Health Resource Center