Office for Children with Special Health Care Needs
New to Arizona?
What do I need to know if I am moving to Arizona?
There are various agencies, programs and services which may assist families who have children with special health care needs.
- Flagstaff and Northern Arizona Resources
- Statewide and Phoenix Resources
- Tucson Area Resources
- Yuma Area Resources
Where can I get more information on Arizona services?
Probably the best places to start your search for information on services in Arizona for children or youth with special health care needs are the ones listed below.
- Children's Information Center Hotline: 1(800) 232-1676
- Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS)
- Pilot Parents of Southern Arizona (Tucson and Southern Arizona) is committed to providing encouragement and support to families who have children with special needs so that their children can reach their maximum potential within the family and society.
- Raising Special Kids (Metro Phoenix and Northern Arizona) is one of 100 Parent Training and Information centers in the United States, providing information, resources, and support to families of children with disabilities.
What is AHCCCS, and what does it have to do with my child who has special health care need?
- The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) is Arizona's Medicaid program and the State of Arizona's health care program for persons who do not qualify for Medicaid. Contact AHCCCS at (602) 417-4000.
- AHCCCS Eligibility:
- Note: AHCCCS Members and Applicants now required to provide additional documentation of U.S. citizenship and identity.
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.