Bureau of Women's and Children's Health
- The Arizona Department of Health Services serves as the Title V administrator for the Maternal Child Health Block Grant. Every five years we are asked by the Maternal Child Health Bureau to assess the needs of women and children in our states and from there develop priorities and a plan to work on those priorities. During the month of March we will hold meetings where we will present information on the state of health for women and children in Arizona and to then hear from the communities what they see to be the priorities. Please check the flyer for meeting dates. We invite the public to these open meetings.
- Learn how Text4Baby works with this informative video from Brandy, the service's ambassador.
The Bureau of Women's and Children's Health (BWCH) supports efforts to improve the health of Arizona women and children. Activities focus on assessment of health status and identification of health issues, development of partnerships and planning to address health issues, and provision of "safety net" services.
News & Recent Publications
- Arizona Injury Data Report, 2013
- Traumatic Brain Injury Among Arizona Residents, 2012
- Poisonings Among Arizona Residents, 2012
- Injuries Due to Venomous Insects and Plants Among Arizona Residents, 2012
- Childhood Overweight and Obesity of Arizona Third Graders, 2009-2010
- Arizona Injury Surveillance and Prevention Plan, 2012-2016
- Visit the Reports & Fact Sheets page for previous information.