Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases Program
This program is responsible for monitoring, controlling and preventing diseases transmitted from animals or arthropod vectors to humans.
- Performs West Nile virus surveillance and prevention
- Monitors the occurrence and trends of vector-borne and zoonotic diseases through passive surveillance for human disease and epidemiologic investigations
- Coordinates animal surveillance for zoonoses
- Monitors the potential for transmission of infectious agents by vectors and recommends abatement and prevention measures
- Provides information and guidelines for providers
- Arranges for specialized laboratory testing for vector borne and zoonotic diseases of public health importance
- Provides technical consultation to local health agencies
- Assesses need for prophylaxis after potential exposure to rabies