ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases Program
This program is responsible for monitoring, controlling and preventing diseases transmitted from animals or arthropod vectors to humans.
- Performs West Nile virus surveillance and prevention
- Monitors the occurrence and trends of vector-borne and zoonotic diseases through passive surveillance for human disease and epidemiologic investigations
- Coordinates animal surveillance for zoonoses
- Monitors the potential for transmission of infectious agents by vectors and recommends abatement and prevention measures
- Provides information and guidelines for providers
- Arranges for specialized laboratory testing for vector borne and zoonotic diseases of public health importance
- Provides technical consultation to local health agencies
- Assesses need for prophylaxis after potential exposure to rabies