ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Healthcare-Associated Infection and Antibiotic Resistance
2011 Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) Training
Infection Preventionists - Foundation Education Course
Presented by: Presented by Arizona Department of Health Services, Health Services Advisory Group & CareFusion
Registration fee: Free- Sign up by October 21, 2011
About this course: This one day training course is designed to provide those new to Infection Prevention & Control basic infection prevention training in addition to key tools to strengthen IP programs action against healthcare associated infections (HAI).
Intended audience: New or intermediate IPs at skilled nursing facilities (LTC & Nursing Homes) or acute care facilities.
Goals of the Training:
- To provide new Infection Preventionists in Arizona skilled nursing facilities with key concepts & principals for infection prevention & control.
- To provide tools & evidence-based interventions to mitigate risk in healthcare settings.
- State 6 essential components of an effective infection prevention program.
- Identify the different types of surveillance utilized in various healthcare settings.
- Describe epidemiology, mode of transmission and incubation, susceptibility to various infections, communicable diseases, & emerging pathogens.
- Implement appropriate measures to prevent the spread of infection.
- State the components of a Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
Continuing education units will be offered through the Greater Valley Area Health Education Center (GVAHEC). The portal for individuals to register and request certificates will be available within one hour of the conclusion of your event. To access the portal, go to www.gvahec.org > Continuing Education. Should you have any questions about your certificate or this process, please contact Afi Carter at (480) 288-8260 ext. 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.50 CEUs have been approved by the Board of Examiners of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers for the 2011 Infection Preventionists Foundation Education Course #NCA-12-047.
- This event has been approved for 7.8 Continuing Education Units by the California Board of Registered Nursing Provider Number: CEP12830.