Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) and Antibiotic Resistance
International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW)
Infection prevention is everyone's business. To heighten awareness of the need to protect patients from healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), the Arizona HAI Advisory Committee is partnering with the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) to support International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW), which occurs globally October 14-20, 2012.
Arizona Activities include:
- Governor's Proclamation — The Governor of Arizona, Janice K. Brewer, proclaimed October 14-20, 2012 as Arizona Infection Prevention Week.
- Influenza Vaccine Round-Up on October 17, 2012 — A special thanks to Maricopa County Department of Public Health, Childhood Immunization Clinics for participating in this year's event.
- Vaccine Promotion Flash Mob on October 10, 2012 — ADHS partnered with APIC Grand Canyon Banner and Maricopa County Public Health to promote this year’s campaign "Shots Aren't Scary."
- Daily Tweets — Check out our IIPW social media toolkit for a list of tweets to promote the event at your facility!
- Visit this page for webinars
For additional information about healthcare-associated infection, visit our Education and Training Subcommittee website.