Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) and Antibiotic Resistance
International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW)
Infection prevention is everyone's business. To heighten awareness of the need to protect patients from healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), the Arizona HAI Advisory Committee is partnering with the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) to support International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW), which occurs globally October 20-26, 2013.
Recent Arizona activities include:
- Governor's Proclamation — The Governor of Arizona, Janice K. Brewer, proclaimed October 20-26, 2013 as Arizona Infection Prevention Week.
- Influenza Vaccine Round-Up on October 17, 2012 — A special thanks to Maricopa County Department of Public Health, Childhood Immunization Clinics for participating in this year's event.
- Vaccine Promotion Flash Mob on October 10, 2012 — ADHS partnered with APIC Grand Canyon Banner and Maricopa County Public Health to promote this year’s campaign "Shots Aren't Scary."
- Daily Tweets — Check out our IIPW social media toolkit for a list of tweets to promote the event at your facility!
- Visit this page for webinars
- For additional information concerning infection prevention and patient safety, please visit the Infection Prevention and You campaign website.
- For additional information about healthcare-associated infection, visit our Education and Training Subcommittee website.