Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever)
Valley Fever in Arizona
The reported number of cases of Valley Fever in Arizona has been increasing since it became laboratory-reportable in 1997. In 2011 there were 16,472 cases of Valley Fever statewide. For more information about Valley Fever occurence in Arizona please refer to the Monthly Report.
The highest rates of infection in Arizona occur in Maricopa, Pima and Pinal counties, and the peak seasons occur from June through August and from October through November.
News & Publications
- Valley Fever Awareness Week 2012 Event Schedule
- 2012 Coccidioidomycosis Valley Fever for the Primary Care Physician
- The long awaited FREE Valley Fever CME Online Course is now available for Physicians and Primary Care Professionals.
- The article Enhanced Surveillance of Coccidioidomycosis, Arizona, USA, 2007-2008 is now available, appearing in the November 2010 edition of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
- For information about upcoming Valley Fever events, visit the Valley Fever Center for Excellence website.
- View the Valley Fever Videos