Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona Sanitarians' Council
News for Registered Sanitarians
NEHA Open-Window Reciprocity for Arizona Registered Sanitarians
Individuals who are licensed in Arizona are eligible for reciprocity through February 28, 2014. Please see the documents below for the process and associated fees. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application, please see the NEHA Credentialing Reciprocity Arizona FAQs.
The Arizona Administrative Code defines continuing education as, a course, seminar, lecture, conference, work shop or programmed learning activity related to employment as a registered sanitarian. (R9-16-401.6)
There are several opportunities for Sanitarians registered in Arizona to complete the required 12 hours of continuing education during each annual renewal period.
- In-person training
- Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- On-line Courses
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Journal of Environmental Health (JEH) Quizzes
- AZEHA Spring Conference, March 12-13, 2014
- Arizona Vector Control Workshop, May 15, 2014
- NEHA Annual Educational Conference, July 7-10, 2014
- Infectious Disease Training & Exercise, July 22-24, 2014
Educational Webinars/Virtual Training
- Private Well Ownership Webinars
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists Webinars
- Council to Improve Foodborne Outbreak Response (CIFOR) Webinars
The following alphabetized list is a sample of approved on-line courses for registered sanitarian continuing education and will be updated as more are discovered.
- ATSDR Environmental Health Training
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health
- CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Public Health On-Line Courses (EPHOC)
- FDA Training and Continuing Education
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute
- NEHA e-Learning
- NEHA e-Learning – CDC Sponsored Workshops
- South Central Public Health Partnership
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- USDA Training Home Page
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
NEHA Journal of Environmental Health Quizzes
The quizzes based upon articles from the National Environmental Health Association's Journal of Environmental Health are also approved. Each quiz is worth 1 contact hour. However, the maximum contact hours awarded for this activity per annual renewal period is 6, which is equivalent to the NEHA continuing education program policies.
There are no current legislative issues.