Due to scheduled maintenance, some ADHS online services may be unavailable Thursday, 12/19 for a short period of time between 6pm and 10pm. Please note that Medical Marijuana-related online services will not be affected. Thank you for your patience.
Healthy Living: The How-to Guide for Healthy Aging
Wellness has taken a very broad meaning in healthcare. It consists of a comprehensive approach to prevent disease, restore and maintain your health. Being well requires a partnership between you and your health care provider team in order to improve the quality your life.
- Connect 60+
Finding ways to connect adults age 60 and over with resources to ensure that they don’t become isolated as they age.
Duet promotes health and well-being through a broad range of services to older adults who need one-on-one support.
- Let’s talk about Positive Aging
- Be Emergency Prepared
Older adults tend to be unprepared for emergencies or disasters. One of the biggest challenges to the safety of this segment of our population, as is with all ages, is the absence of a well thought out emergency plan. Learn more.
Choose healthy foods
Take time to get regular checkups and understand the care needed
- Screenings and Tests Needed
- Preventative Care Checklist
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA): Promoting Healthy Changes!
- Health Care Options and Patient Health Education
Take safety measures to prevent accidents & falls
Including: showers and bathrooms, stairs, carrying oxygen tanks safely
Stay active to live longer and better
Reduce Your Levels of Stress
Maintaining Mental Health is Half the Battle
- When quitting smoking, risk of heart disease will go down right away.
- Call Arizona Smokers Helpline - Ashline (1-800-556-6222) for help with quitting.
- Check out this Video from one of the coaches . Also look into: