Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Chronic Disease & Injury
Cardiovascular disease, which includes heart disease and stroke, is the leading cause of the death both nationally and in Arizona. In 2008, Heart disease was the cause of nearly 1 in every 4 deaths in Arizona.
Many of the risk factors for heart disease and stroke, including poor nutrition, physical inactivity and tobacco use, are behaviors that can be modified to prevent or delay the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiac Risk Factors in Older Adults (Million Hearts)
- The Facts About Heart Disease
- Your Heart, Your Life
- Substances & Heart Rhythm Disorders
The five major symptoms of a heart attack are:
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck, or back.
- Feeling weak, light-headed, or faint.
- Chest pain or discomfort.
- Pain or discomfort in arms or shoulder.
- Shortness of breath.
- Million Hearts
- Healthy Diet and Physical Activity
- Arizona Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program
- American Heart Association
*Note: If you are 51 years of age or older you should consume no more than 1,500 mg of sodium per day