Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Public Health Emergency Preparedness
Be "Wise & Ready"
Community preparedness is the ability of communities to prepare for, withstand, and recover - in both short and long terms - from disasters, and emergency incidents that impact the health of the public. This includes the engagement and participation in preparedness activities that works to build shared capabilities across the whole community. For Schools this means children and families, teachers and administrators. Promoting awareness on how to prevent, respond to, and recover from a public health incident that may occur in your community or involve impacts from incidents that may have occurred in distant communities.
This resource page will help you be better prepared for an emergency, promote an awareness of and access to medical and mental/behavioral health to protect the community's health and address functional and access needs.
Before a disaster strikes prepare together as a school as a community to be "Wise and Ready".
Developing emergency plans, resources, toolkits to assist safety teams develop, implement and strengthen preparedness capabilities.
- Arizona Emergency Information Network - AZEIN.gov
- Arizona Department of Education has School Safety Resources and Training available that keep school our children safe. Guidelines, Checklists, and Sample Forms among links to Behavioral Health Resources.
- Arizona Division of Emergency Management - Access and Functional Needs Planning
- American Red Cross "Prepare Your Workplace"
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network "Psychological First Aid"
- Arizona Department of Health Services Emergency Preparedness Training and Resources (Links to incident command training, suspicious mail packages protocol, General Information)
- Ready.gov-Schools (Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance TA Center)
- US Department of Education Lead & Manage My School Emergency Planning Office of Safe and Healthy Students
- Ready.gov-Business Continuity Planning