ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Control Program
State statutes and administrative rules require that Arizona county health departments investigate and report new cases of designated sexually transmitted disease (STD). Statutes and administrative rules mandate that these designated STDs be reported by health care providers to the counties and by laboratories to the state. These data are then used:
- to perform epidemiologic analysis to gauge and report on the burden of STD on the citizens of Arizona;
- detect outbreaks;
- determine the populations at most risk for STD to target limited resources for education and prevention activities;
- evaluate prevention activities;
- monitor progress toward achieving the STDCP goals and objectives, performance measures, program improvement plans, and evidence-based action plans.
Reportable STDs include:
To report a disease, visit the Communicable Disease Reporting page.
- Annual Reports
- Selected Statistics
- Youth Reports
- Research and Publications
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2012
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2011
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2010
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2009
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2008
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2007
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Arizona Youth 2006
Research and Publications
- Selected Statistics for Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Arizona Counties, 2010
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among American Indians in Arizona: An Important Public Health Disparity
- Improving Partner Services by Embedding Disease Intervention Specialists in HIV-Clinics
- Self-Examination Behaviors for Syphilis Symptoms Among HIV-Infected Men
- Identifying Unreported and Undiagnosed Cases of Congenital Syphilis In Arizona Using Live Birth and Fetal Death Registries
- Syphilis Outbreak Among American Indians - Arizona 2007-2009
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise note.