Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Cultural Competency Resources
Cultural Competency Standards
- National CLAS Standards - National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Refugee Health Technical Assistance Center
- The Provider’s Guide to Quality and Culture
- Diversity RX
- National Center for Cultural Competence
- Becoming a Culturally Competent Health Care Organization
- What’s in a Word: A Guide to Understanding Interpreting and Translation in Health Care
- Beyond Translation: Best Practices for Healthcare Translation
- Ten Recommendations When Working With Medical Interpreters
- Tips and Strategies for Culturally Sensitive Care for Refugee Women
- Getting it Right: A Guide to Buying Translation and Interpreting Services
- Free Short Course on Immigrant and Refugee Health
From the University of Minnesota Medical School, targeted at students and health care providers.
- CLAS Webinar series
Incorporating Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards into Our Continuum of Care
- Primer on Cultural Competency and Health Literacy
From the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, targeted at health professional educators.