Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Baby Steps for Breastfeeding Success
Model Hospital Policy Resource Guide
- Arizona moves up 8 spots, now ranked 16th, in the US for Hospital Breastfeeding Practices!
- The Baby Steps online training course is now available.
- Is your childcare center breastfeeding friendly? Learn about the qualifications and complete our self-assessment.
AzBSBS Model Hospital Policy Guide
The Arizona Department of Health Service, Bureau of Nutrition and Physical Activity, and Breastfeeding Program have compiled the AzBSBS Model Hospital Policy Guide to assist hospitals and health care providers in the implementation of the Arizona Baby Steps to Breastfeeding Success recommendations. This document included evidence-base best practices that have been demonstrated to significantly increase duration and exclusivity of breastfeeding.
Policy Guide Highlights
- Sample Policies
- Baby Friendly USA, Overcoming Barriers
- Baby-Friendly USA, Self Appraisal Tool
- Position Statements
- Online Resources, Acknowledgements, and Contact Us
For more information about this program or the resources used for this guide, call the Breastfeeding Hotline at 1-800-833-4642 or visit us online. For additional assistance, please contact:
Adrienne Z. Udarbe, MS, RD
Community Programs Manager
ADHS Bureau of Nutrition and Physical Activity
150 N. 18th Ave. Suite 310
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Anne Whitmire, IBCLC
Christia Bridges-Jones, IBCLC