Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS)
The Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS) is an immunization registry designed to capture immunization data on individuals within the state. Providers are mandated under Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) §36-135 to report all immunizations administered to children from birth to 18 years of age to the state's health department. The registry serves as a receptacle for accommodating these reported data. In this capacity, the registry then provides a valuable tool for the management and reporting of immunization information to public health professionals, private and public healthcare providers, parents, guardians and other child care personnel.
To provide a system for the electronic capture, secure storage and confidential management of immunization data and information. To operate a system, which conforms to the minimum standards, established for registries, as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The data captured and stored will include all National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) approved core data elements and will enable authorized providers to retrieve and remit immunization data. The system will serve as a tool to assist public and private healthcare professionals, parents, guardians, schools and childcare personnel to effectively manage the immunization of children within the state.
Under Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) §36-135 and Arizona Administrative Code (AAC) R9-6-706 and 707, children "birth to 18" years of age are required to receive certain vaccines to enter childcare facilities and/or schools, and all healthcare professionals administering immunizations to children must report those immunization to the registry.
Goals and Objectives
- To capture 100% of the vaccinations provided to children within the State.
- To promote efforts to ensure that 95% of all children within the state who are under six years of age are participating in the registry and have at least one immunization event on record.
- To provide all registered ASIIS providers with access to data stored in the registry, thus allowing them to query the registry for current and historical patient immunization records.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all patient information received in the registry.
- To ensure that healthcare professionals administering immunizations are reporting to the ASIIS registry in a regular and timely manner.
- To maintain the security of patient information stored in the registry.
- To provide a means for improved monitoring of immunization levels.