Office of Administrative Counsel and Rules
Substantive Policy Statements
ADHS substantive policy statements are listed below. Pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1013, Notices of Substantive Policy Statement are published in the Arizona Administrative Register (A.A.R.). Links to the A.A.R. for these Notices are also provided. (You may have to page through the A.A.R. document to get to the page in the A.A.R. on which the ADHS Notice is published.) If a recent Notice has yet to be published in the A.A.R., the unpublished version is provided here in the meantime.
Public Health Licensing Services
Please view the Notice of Public Information 20 A.A.R. 2895 to see the list of the Public Health Licensing substantive policy statements that have been rescinded..
- Child Care Licensing
- Health Care Institution Licensing
- Special Licensing
Child Care Licensing
- SP-038-PHL-CCL: Clarification of the Requirements in 9 A.A.C. 5, Article 6, for Children with Special Needs Who May Require Diapering
- SP-031-PHL-CCL: Interpretation of the Term "Tutoring Provided by Public Schools Solely to Improve School Performance" in A.R.S. § 36-884(5)
- SP-030-PHL-CCL: Clarification on Whether a Child Care Group Home May Require a Release of Liability as a Condition of Enrollment or for Participation in an Activity, Including a Field Trip
- SP-029-PHL-CCL: Clarification on Whether a Child Care Facility May Require a Release of Liability as a Condition of Enrollment or for Participation in an Activity, Including a Field Trip
- SP-023-PHL-CCL: Determining whether an individual providing child care services in a residential setting is required to be certified as a child care group home
- SP-022-PHL-CCL: Interpretation of "Residential Facility" in Definition of "Child Care Group Home"
Health Care Institution Licensing
- SP-034-PHL-MED: Emergency Medical Care Technicians Practicing in Hospitals
- SP-028-PHL-MED: Interpretation of the Staffing Requirements for Intensive Care Unit Nursing Services
- SP-027-PHL-MED: Implementation of a hospital acuity plan
- SP-026-PHL-OAD: Clarification of Fingerprinting Requirements for Residential Care Institutions, Nursing Care Institutions, and Home Health Agencies
- Notice of Substantive Policy Statement (Publication in the A.A.R. is pending.)
- SP-019-PHL-OAD: Interpretation of definition of "Health Care Institution" in A.R.S. § 36-401(22)
- SP-012-PHL-OAD: Clarification of Health Care Institution Licensure Requirements in 9 A.A.C. 10, Article 1
Note: Information provided in PDF files.
***This webpage and the material contained herein are provided as a public service for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal advice or opinion; and, unless expressly noted, does not reflect official ADHS policy.