ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
- Check out our Ebola Virus Disease page which addresses a number of commonly asked questions related to sample collection and submission.
- CLIA Certification Certificates are now available.
- What is a public health laboratory? Watch this animated video to learn how public health laboratories protect the public against diseases and other health hazards.
The Virology Section is located inside the main State Public Health Laboratory building at 250 N. 17th Avenue in Phoenix. This section's responsibilities include the isolation and identification of viral agents from clinical specimens, the testing of reference specimens submitted as viral isolates from public and private laboratories for identification purposes, the testing of environmental samples for arbovirus isolation and identification, and the testing of animals for rabies.
In addition, the Virology Section acts as a transfer agent for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accepting specimens or isolates from public and private health facilities for submission to the CDC.
- Rabies Testing
- Appropriate Specimen for Isolating Viruses
- Submission Policies
- Viral Isolation & Identification
News & Publications
- Human Infection with Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus
- Recognizing, Managing, and Reporting Chickungunya Virus Infections
- Health Alert: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- Guidelines for Collecting MERS-CoV Clinical Specimens
- Interpreting Results of MERS-Cov Assay