Office of Newborn Screening
The goal of CCHD screening of newborns is to identify those with structural heart defects usually associated with hypoxia in the newborn period that could have significant morbidity or mortality early in life with closing of the ductus arteriosus or other physiological changes early in life. Read our CCHD Implementation Timeline and read a statement from the Assistant Bureau Chief Ward Jacox.
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
Arizona's Medicaid agency that provides health care to Arizonans that meet income and other eligibility requirements.
- Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS)
CRS provides medical treatment, rehabilitation and related support services for children under age 21 with qualifying chronic and disabling conditions.
- Arizona Early Intervention Program AzEIP)
A statewide system of support and services for families of children, birth to 3, with disabilities or developmental delays.
- Quest to Cure
A parent support and advocacy group based in Phoenix, AZ for children with sickle cell disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Arizona Chapter
- Phoenix Children's Hospital, Pulmonology
An accredited CF care center.
- Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
A statewide information referral center for issues related to people with hearing loss.
- The EAR Foundation of Arizona
A non-profit association that provides information and resources to people who are hearing impaired.
- HEAR for Kids
A program of the EAR Foundation of Arizona for children 0-18 years of age that provides loaner hearing aids and permanent hearing aids if the family doesn't have insurance and meets financial criteria.
- Hands & Voices, Arizona chapter
A support organization for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Raising Special Kids Arizona
A non-profit organization of families helping families of children with disabilities and special health needs (602-242-4366 or 800-237-3007).
- Pilot Parents of Southern Arizona
A parent training and information center for families of children with disabilities in Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma counties.
- The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital
The largest pediatric consumer health library in the Southwest located at Phoenix Children's Hospital, 1919 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ (602) 546-1400.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Arizona Chapter