ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Required Documents - Requirements after Receiving a J-1 Waiver
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) will monitor all J-1 waiver physicians obligated through the Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program for compliance to program requirements.
The J-1 Waiver physician MUST submit the following documents immediately to ADHS once available:
- Copy of the H1B approval notice from USCIS
- Updated contact information including Arizona address, phone number, and email address (if different from the information on the application)
- Copy of Arizona Medical License (if not included in the application)
- Start date of service (Date that the J-1 Waiver physician will start providing services full time 40 hours per week at the approved service site)
The J-1 Waiver physician must comply with the following requirements throughout the duration of the J-1 Waiver obligation.
- Must begin service within 90 days after receiving a J-1 waiver
- Must submit the required quarterly encounter report form – within ten (10) business days after the end of each calendar quarter.
- For the first encounter report, the start date must be the actual date when full time service begins.
- For the last encounter report, the end date must be the end date of J-1 service obligation.
- Must notify ADHS in writing prior to any changes to his/her employment status, including but not limited to transferring to a different service site – or adding a service site to an existing approved site – and must submit the required paperwork for ADHS’ review and consideration
- Must receive a written confirmation from ADHS that the new service site meets the program’s service site eligibility requirements
- Must provide a copy of the H1B approval notice for each H1B amendment petition filed with USCIS
- Must notify ADHS in writing about any significant service gaps due to maternity, vacation, extended sick leave or FMLA, etc.
- Must complete the required three (3) years of service
ADHS will not issue a service completion letter for any J-1 Waiver physicians identified as having ongoing or unresolved compliance issues.