ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program
The FY 2015 application cycle for the Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program will open on October 1, 2014 through December 1, 2014. J-1 Physicians who wish to be considered for a J-1 Visa Waiver by ADHS must submit a complete application packet postmarked prior to or by the due date specified.
The goal of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) J-1 Visa Waiver Program is to improve the accessibility of health care services in underserved areas by providing a J-1 visa waiver recommendations on behalf of foreign medical graduates who have obtained a J-1 visa waiver for graduate medical studies in the United States ("J-1 physicians"). J-1 visa waivers allow foreign physicians to practice in medically-underserved communities without returning to their home residence, thus, allowing them to receive nonimmigrant, H 1B status (temporary worker in specialty occupation) for three years.
Applicants must receive a letter of support from the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to be reviewed by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) before the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants a waiver of the requirement that a J-1 physician must return to the physician's home country for two years upon completion of graduate medical studies.
Click on the questions below to find what you are looking for:
- Am I eligible?
- Is my potential employer or service site eligible?
- How many slots are available to be filled?
- Are hospitalists eligible to apply?
- How can I apply?
- When can I apply?
- Where can I find employers that sponsor J-1 physicians?
- How long does the ADHS application review process takes?
- How do I know if ADHS grants a letter of support on my behalf?
- How long does the USCIS waiver approval takes?
- What if there are more applications than slots available?
- What if not all slots for the current cycle are filled?
- Am I guaranteed a slot if I submit my application early?
- What is the next step after I received a J-1 waiver?
- What requirements do I need to meet while serving my J-1 waiver obligation?
- What if I want to transfer to a different service site after USCIS granted a J-1 waiver for my services at the original employment site?
- What if I want to add a service site to the original ADHS approved site?
- How can I request a letter of completion for my J-1 service obligation?