Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Eligibility Requirements – Physicians
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) J-1 Visa Waiver Program supports waivers for J-1 physicians ready to practice in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA), Medically Underserved Areas (MUA), or Medically Underserved Populations (MUP). A J-1 physician's application is considered only if his/her service site is also eligible.
The J-1 physician must meet the following requirements to be eligible for consideration for a waiver recommendation from ADHS:
- Be Arizona licensed or eligible for an Arizona medical license in the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physicians
- Psychiatrists in mental health HPSAs
- Specialists when an exceptional need for the specialty is substantiated
- Provide services in a federally designated HPSA, MUA, or MUP
- Have a valid offer of full-time (40 hours per week) employment or contract to work at an eligible service site for at least three years
The Program does not support waivers for J-1 physicians in research positions or practicing in long-term care facilities, chronic care facilities, or rehabilitation facilities.