ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona Loan Repayment Program
The Arizona Loan Repayment Programs (ALRP) are administered by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Bureau of Health Systems Development (BHSD) also known as the Primary Care Office for the State of Arizona.
ALRP has two components: the Primary Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (PCPLRP) and the Rural Private Primary Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (RPPCPLRP). These programs aim to promote the recruitment and retention of health care professionals by repaying their qualifying educational loans in exchange for their two-year commitment to provide primary care services in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) or Arizona Medically Underserved Areas (AzMUA).
NOTE: Loan repayment is in addition to a compensation package provided by the service site and is considered tax-exempt.
Click on the questions below to find what you are looking for:
- Am I eligible?
- Is my current prospective employment service site eligible?
- What is the difference between PCPLRP and RPPCPLRP?
- How can I apply?
- How much loan repayment am I eligible for if I qualify?
- What criteria are used for prioritizing loan repayment awards?
- What is the process for awarding loan repayment?
- When and how do I find out if I am selected?
- What are the contract requirements if I am selected?
- How does the loan repayment work?
- What are qualifying loans for repayment?
- What if I have multiple lenders?
- My lender/loan information changed. What shall I do?
- What if I cannot complete the service obligation?
- Are there any penalties for not completing the service obligation?
- How does contract suspension work?
- What if I want to transfer to a different service site?
- How can I reapply?
- Where can I find the list of qualified areas?
- What is a sliding fee schedule?
- I need help with ProcureAZ?