Arizona Loan Repayment Program
As a result of the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) expansion through Senate Bill 1194 that became effective on July 3, 2015, the program has seen a significant increase in the number of new applications received by the June 15th and September 15th deadlines as well as continued participation from existing SLRP contractors. Therefore, we would like to inform you that the program has no funding available for the remainder of fiscal year 2016 to support any new contracts and will not accept any applications received after September 15, 2015 until further notice.
Your feedback is very important to us. For the purpose of estimating program demand, potential recruitment, and funding needs, we ask that you take a short survey to help us with our ongoing efforts to expand the program. We appreciate your assistance.
If you have any questions, please contact Ana Roscetti at 602-542-1066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arizona Loan Repayment Programs (ALRP) are administered by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Bureau of Health Systems Development (BHSD) also known as the Primary Care Office for the State of Arizona.
ALRP has two components: the Primary Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (PCPLRP) and the Rural Private Primary Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (RPPCPLRP). These programs aim to promote the recruitment and retention of health care professionals by repaying their qualifying educational loans in exchange for their two-year commitment to provide primary care services in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) or Arizona Medically Underserved Areas (AzMUA).
NOTE: Loan repayment is in addition to a compensation package provided by the service site and is considered tax-exempt.
Click on the questions below to find what you are looking for:
- Am I eligible?
- Is my current prospective employment service site eligible?
- What is the difference between PCPLRP and RPPCPLRP?
- How can I apply?
- How much loan repayment am I eligible for if I qualify?
- What criteria are used for prioritizing loan repayment awards?
- What is the process for awarding loan repayment?
- When and how do I find out if I am selected?
- What are the contract requirements if I am selected?
- How does the loan repayment work?
- What are qualifying loans for repayment?
- What if I have multiple lenders?
- My lender/loan information changed. What shall I do?
- What if I cannot complete the service obligation?
- Are there any penalties for not completing the service obligation?
- How does contract suspension work?
- What if I want to transfer to a different service site?
- How can I reapply?
- Where can I find the list of qualified areas?
- What is a sliding fee schedule?
- I need help with ProcureAZ?