Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
First Things First Early Childhood Therapist Incentives Programs
Therapist Licensure Requirements
A therapist must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a license in Physical Therapy (not to include Physical Therapy Assistant) in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 32-2022. Qualifications for licensure and certification;
- Maintain a regular license in Speech Language Pathology in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 36-1940.01. A. Speech-language pathologist; licensure requirements. Note: Applicants with a "limited" license, speech and language technicians and aides are not eligible;
- Maintain a "temporary license" in Speech Language Pathology in accordance to the Arizona Revised Statute 36-1940.03. Temporary licenses for a period of 18 months to no greater than 2 years and shall upgrade to a "regular" license in accordance to Arizona Revised Statute 36-1940.01. Speech-language pathologist; licensure requirements or Administrative Code R9-16-202. Qualifications for Licensure; (see above)
- Maintain a license in Occupational Therapy (not to include Occupational Therapy Assistant) in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 32-3423. Application for licensure; qualifications; examination;
- Maintain a license in Child Psychology in accordance to Arizona Revised Statute 32-2071. Qualifications of applicant; education; training, Psychologists;
- Be a Mental Health Specialist with the following qualifications:
- A license in Behavioral Health Counseling in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 32-3301. Licensed professional counselor; licensure; requirements; or
- A license in Clinical Social Work in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 32-3293. Licensed clinical social worker; licensure; qualifications; or
- A license in Psychology in accordance with 32-2071. Qualifications of applicant; education; training, Psychologists; AND
- Note: Other licensed health care discipline with the combination of education and experience in pediatric mental health may be eligible.
- Have completed through academic program of study or be enrolled in a minimum of one year certification program leading to the advancement of knowledge and expertise in the social emotional development of infants and young children. Appropriate programs include, but are not limited to: the infant and family studies certificate (ASU), infant-toddler mental health certificate (Harris Institute) or other approved program specifically designed to improve services to children birth through age five.