Early Care and Education (ECE) Providers are in a special position to empower young children to learn habits that can keep them healthy for life. ADHS developed the Empower Program in 2010 as a voluntary program to support licensed ECE facilities’ efforts to empower young children to grow up healthy.
Today, the Empower Program reaches more than 200,000 children in licensed early care and education facilities throughout Arizona. Empower has won numerous awards for being a best practice; most recently, the program received the Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) National Best Practice Award.
News and Publications
- 4th Annual Empower Conference-Empower Habits, Empowering Lives: Superheroes Empowering Arizona!, May 2, 2015
- Supplement to the Empower Guidebook, September 2014
- Empower Arizona Tooth Brushing Manual: Fostering Health Smiles in the Child Care Setting for Ages 3 and Older
- Empower Guidebook, Second Edition
- Empower Facilities Standards (Effective July 1, 2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Arizona Chapter, Family Checklist for a Healthy Child Care Facility