Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care
The Department is currently revising the rules to integrate behavioral health into health care institutions. Check out the Health Care Institution Integration Rules page for more information.
We all need to take care of both our physical health needs and our behavioral health needs. In order to address all physical health and behavioral health care needs, integration of physical and behavioral health services include coordination and collaboration between all physical health and behavioral health providers to develop a common treatment plan leading to whole body positive health outcomes. The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) promotes integrated care and is collaborating with other stakeholders to expand integration efforts to provide whole body health care for all Arizonans.
- April 22, 2013 - Learn your rights during the transition to the new Maricopa County RBHA
- April 22, 2013 - Learn your responsibilities during the transition to the new Maricopa County RBHA
- April 22, 2013 - Fact Sheet for American Indian members about Maricopa County Integrated RBHA contract
- April 4, 2013 - Fact Sheet with details about the new Maricopa County RBHA contract that will be implementing Recovery Through Whole Health (integrated care).
- March 28, 2013 - Taking a major step toward treatment of the whole person, the Arizona Department of Health awarded the contract to manage the Maricopa County Integrated Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) to Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care. Establishing a coordinated system of care to our behavioral health community will reduce deaths to preventable and treatable physical illnesses.
Visit the News archive page for more of this information.