ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Office of Border Health
Border Infectious Disease Surveillance (BIDS)
- Establish an active, binational sentinel surveillance network that uses standardized data collection instruments, operational definitions, and laboratory diagnostic tests to enhance infectious disease surveillance at clinical sites located along the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Gather and exchange disease incidence and risk factor information that will assist public health officials with the development of binational control and prevention strategies appropriate for the region.
- Improve local laboratory diagnostic capabilities by supporting and enhancing those local laboratories that provide services for BIDS-affiliated sentinel sites.
- Develop educational and training opportunities for local public health practitioners as part of broader efforts to improve public health infrastructure in the region.
- Improve binational communications and data exchange between public health officials by electronically linking BIDS sentinel sites, laboratories, and local, regional, and state epidemiologists.