On May 7, 2012, Governor Brewer signed SB 1528 (Laws 2012, Chapter 299), which removes the fee cap for a second newborn screening specimen. The Department is planning to revise the rules in Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 9, Chapter 13, Article 2 to establish a new second fee and make other changes that would reduce the burden on stakeholders. The Department has received an exception from the Governor's rulemaking moratorium, established by Executive Order 2012-03, to conduct this rulemaking.
The Department has submitted a Notice of Rulemaking Docket Opening for this rulemaking for publication in the February 1, 2013 issue of the Arizona Administrative Register.
The Department will be revising these rules using the following process:
- Post draft rules and provide an online survey for comments about the draft rules
- Revise the draft based on comments received
- Meet with a group of stakeholders representing different interests related to newborn screening to review the revised draft rules and obtain comments/suggested changes
- Post notes from meeting(s)
- Continue to solicit comments through an online survey
- Prepare a final draft of the rules based on a review of the comments received
- Post the final draft rules and provide an online survey for comments about the final draft
- Prepare a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for publication in the Arizona Administrative Register
Please continue to visit this website for updated information regarding this rulemaking.