ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations
- Get the facts about Ebola Preparedness and Ebola Info for Health Care Workers
- Starting January 1, 2015, the use of marijuana under the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act will be authorized for patients undergoing conventional treatment for PTSD.
- Opiate prescribing guidelines and recommendations for AZ clinicians
Get up-to-date guidelines and recommendations on a variety of health topics, divided by subject matter and available for download. Sources include the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), March of Dimes, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and other reliable sources.
The Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines are a voluntary, consensus set of guidelines that promote best practices for prescribing opioids for acute and chronic pain. They are intended to reduce the inappropriate use of controlled substances, improve safety, and reduce harm while preserving the vital roles of clinicians and patients in the management of acute and chronic pain. They are intended for use by clinicians in primary care and specialty outpatient settings who manage acute and chronic pain that is not occurring at the end of life and not due to malignancy.
- Arizona Opiod Prescribing Guidelines
- Summary: Prescribing Guidelines for Acute Pain
- Summary: Prescribing Guidelines for Chronic Non-Terminal Pain (CNTP)
- Opioids for chronic noncancer pain
A position paper of the American Academy of Neurology
Emergency Department Prescribing Guidelines
Arizona Opioid Prescribing Summit
- March 15, 2014 Overview and Recap
- March 15, 2014 - Meeting Notes
- AZ Opioid Prescribing Summit: A Working Meeting to Draft Prescribing Guidelines, by Dan Derksen, MD
- AZ RX Drug Misuse Abuse Initiative
- Prescription Drug Overdose: National Perspective, by Len Paulozzi, MD, MPH
- Overview of Existing Opioid Guidelines, by Aram Mardian, MD, and Trupti Patel, MD