Division of Behavioral Health Services
Community resources available at regions served by the following RBHAs:
If you live in...
Coconino, Apache, Mohave, Navajo, or Yavapai counties
Maricopa County or parts of Pinal County
- Mercy Maricopa ( See "Information and Resources" section)
Pima, Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pinal or Yuma counties
Arizona's Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Goes Live
The new federal healthcare reform law may be able to help people with complicated medical conditions under the newly created "Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)" which is designed to help people with pre-existing conditions find health insurance. (A pre-existing condition is a condition, disability or illness--including mental illness-- that you have before you enrolled in a health plan.)
In Arizona, the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (administered by HHS)went live this week. In order to qualify for the program, individuals need to have been uninsured for at least six months, have been denied health coverage because of a health condition, and be a US citizen (or living here legally). The monthly premiums for the Arizona PCIP range from $323/month for people 0-34 years old to $688/month for people over 55. There's a $2,500 annual deductible and a $25 copayment for doctor visits after that. There are also some medicine co-pay costs. The person's out-of-pocket costs are capped at $5,950 per year. For details, please visit the Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Website and Apply on the HHS web site.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- See if you qualify for AHCCCS or other public benefits
- Website to Check Benefits
- Resources for seniors, caregivers, and persons with disabilities
- NARBHA Region Provider Services Listing and by City Search
- Reduced Fee and AHCCCS Dental Clinics in Arizona
- Consumer-run agencies providing services to NTXIX members with SMI
- Visit the Arizona Association of Community Health Centers which has a link to its members and associate members many of which provide reduced cost behavioral health services.
- Maricopa County Family Member Guide - Magellan Member Services
- Community Information and Referral; the largest database of community resources in Arizona. It is very easy to search online by county, city or your specific need.
- www.ArizonaSelfHelp.org to find out if you or your family is eligible for 31 different health and human services programs, like AHCCCS, food stamps, housing, utility expenses, Head Start, and employment services. The applications for these 31 programs can be filled out on this website as well.
- Community Dental Resources in Arizona
- Public Housing Resources in Arizona
For mental health information and local support groups
- NAMI Arizona
- NAMI support groups
- Mental Health America of Arizona
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Arizona
- Arizona Peer and Family Coalition Adult Community Resource List
- Peer Support Groups List
We encourage you to also contact
- Arizona Care Planning Council for eldercare resources
- Raising Special Kids or Pilot Parents of Southern Arizona for a wealth of information and support related to raising a child with special needs
- Family Involvement Center or MIKID, serving families of children and youth with behavioral health needs
- Connect to Help Circles, serving northern Arizona: SWIFT Resource of Arizona
Note: Files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.