Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Office of Human Rights (OHR)
Mission: Providing advocacy to individuals with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) to help them understand, protect and exercise their rights, facilitate self-advocacy through education and obtain access to behavioral health services in the public behavioral health system in Arizona.
- What is the Office of Human Rights?
- Office of Human Rights Brochure English | Spanish
- Special Assistance Resources
- Seclusion and Restraint Specs Manual Summaries (HRC and OHR)
Educational and Self-Advocacy Resources for Individuals with an SMI (Recursos educativos y para defender sus derechos en Español para personas que padecen de una enfermedad mental grave)
- Your Rights in Arizona as a Person with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) English | Spanish
- Your Rights While Hospitalized and Have a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) English | Spanish
- Individual Service Planning (ISP) Resources English | Spanish
- Appeal Resources for Persons Determined to Have a Serious Mental Illness
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.