Due to scheduled maintenance at the State Data Center, azdhs.gov and associated services may be unavailable intermittently on Saturday, June 15th, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Division of Behavioral Health Services
ADHS/DBHS Adopted Practice Guidelines for Children and Adolescents
ADHS/DBHS Office of the Medical Director, in consultation with the T/RBHA medical directors, adopt practice guidelines that 1) are from nationally recognized medical organizations such as the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) if available or developed through a consensus of health care professionals in the particular field; 2) are based on current, valid, and reliable clinical evidence and; 3) have considered the needs of the members served in the public behavioral health system.
ADHS/DBHS Children's Practice Guidelines
National Practice Guidelines (AACAP)
- AACAP Practice Parameters
- Practice Parameter on Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care in Community Systems of Care
- Practice Parameter on the Use of Psychotropic Medication in Children and Adolescents
- Practice Parameter for the Use of Atypical Antipsychotic Medication in Children and Adolescents
- Practice Parameter on the Psychiatric Assessment and Management of Physically Ill Children and Adolescents
Note: All files are PDF format unless otherwise stated.