Division of Behavioral Health Services
Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment (SAPT) Block Grant
Grant funds are provided by the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Centers for Substance Abuse Treatment and Prevention to provide services for alcohol & drug abuse treatment and prevention services in Arizona. Grant funds are acquired through an annual application process that details how the State will expend federal funds to provide treatment and prevention of substance abuse in Arizona. Grant funds are allocated on a per capita basis to ensure equity in the utilization of tax dollars for Arizona communities. The four ADHS Regional Behavioral Health Authorities and the Gila River Indian Community Tribal Regional Behavioral Health Authority manage service delivery on behalf of the State.
Block grant funds support a variety of covered substance abuse services in both specialized addiction treatment and more generalized behavioral health settings. Special target groups mandated by the grant include: (1) priority access to treatment for pregnant women using substances and individuals who use drugs by injection; (2) family-centered programs for women with young children, including funds specifically prioritized for parents of children with CPS services; and (4) primary prevention services for kids and families who do not require treatment.
This grant requires a statutory maintenance of effort (MOE) to document that the State has maintained expenditures for substance abuse services at a level that is not less than the average level of such expenditures maintained by the State for the 2-year period preceding the fiscal year for which the State is applying for the grant.
Please email us with any comments.
- Arizona Prevention Coalition Directory
- SAPT/CMHS Joint Block Grant Planning Application FY 2016-2017
- SAPT/CMHS Joint Block Grant Planning Application FY 2014-2015
- SAPT/CMHS Joint Block Grant Supplemental Application, September 2012
- Annual SYNAR Report – FFY 2016
- Annual SYNAR Report – FFY 2015
- Annual SYNAR Report – FFY 2014
- Annual SYNAR Report – FFY 2013
- SAPT Progress Report, December 2012
- SAPT FAQs
- SABG Primary Prevention FAQs 2015
- SABG Primary Prevention State Plan Logic Model
Note: Information provided in PDF files.