Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Division of Behavioral Health Services
Mental Health Resources for Educators
Teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators and others who spend time in the classrooms and hallways of Arizona's schools play a key role in the behavioral health of children. The mix of daily contact, professional training and caring puts educators in position to the be the first to notice changes in a child's behavior that may signal problems stemming from abuse, alcohol use, drug use, depression and other mental health issues.
Educators are also sometimes partners in providing accessible behavioral health services designed to help children in achieving success in school.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) offers an interactive, online training course to help middle school and high school educators recognize the common signs of psychological distress and then motivate students to seek help and connect with school support services. The course is designed to improve confidence and motivation to identify and approach at-risk students.
- At-Risk for Middle School Educators (Enrollment Key: az126)
- Interactive Online Course for Middle School Teachers
- At-Risk for High School Educators (Enrollment Key: az126)
- Interactive Online Course for High School Teachers
ADHS also offers training in Mental Health First Aid, an in-class program that trains teachers and other lay people to identify the signs and symptoms of mental illness in students, colleagues, or any person they encounter. The course equips students with the tools to provide a brief intervention and to stabilize a person in crisis until professional help arrives.
- Child-Trauma Resources for Parents and Educators
- Arizona Department of Education (ADE)
- Helping Students Avoid Prescription Drug Abuse
- Identifying Mental Health and Substance Use Problems of Children and Adolescents
- Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T. (Families in Recovery Succeeding Together)
- Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools
- Responding to a School Crisis