Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Quality Assurance Reports
The Data & Quality Assurance section of the Bureau is responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting on data obtained from designated trauma centers and those participating EMS agencies in an effort to enhance the EMS & Trauma System in Arizona.
Special Projects & Research
The bureau has been able to research and study special topics in trauma and EMS care. These publications extend the science of care beyond the borders of Arizona.
- Trauma Incidence by Zip Code 2013
- Trauma Incidence by Zip Code 2012
- Trauma Incidence by Zip Code 2011
- Trauma Incidence by Zip Code 2010
- Emergency Department Dwell Times
- Holiday Celebrations and Trauma Centers
- Injuries & Safety Facts, March 2012
The Bureau of EMS and Trauma System was awarded First Place, Second Place and Honorable Mention for three abstracts submitted to the National Association of EMS Officials Abstract Competition. Congratulations to the Bureau’s Micah Panczyk, Maureen Brophy, Vatsal Chikani, Rogelio Martinez, Mary Benkert, Aaron Sams, Todd Jaramillo and Ben Bobrow. This competition was unique in that it was open only to initiatives conducted by State Government Offices of EMS and Trauma and was limited to system-wide initiatives.
- Impact of Guideline-Based Protocols and Training on the Provision of Pre-Arrival CPR Instructions and Patient Outcomes at Three 9-1-1 Centers in Arizona
- Developing a Theoretical Framework for Measuring Operational Excellence of EMS Agencies in Arizona
- Identifying areas of improvement in reducing inter-facility transfer times from Level IV Trauma Centers to Level I Trauma Centers
- EMS and Trauma Response to Falls in the > 55 years of Age Group
The Bureau of EMS and Trauma Systems has been fortunate to have a talented array of interns to work with EMS and trauma system projects. These projects reflect their hard work to improve the care that Arizonans receive in the state.
- Probabilistic Linkage and Analysis of Arizona's Crash Data and Trauma Registry, May 2013
- Investigating AZ State Trauma System Based on State Needs Assessment, December 2012
Note: Information provided in PDF files, unless otherwise indicated.