Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Message From The Director
- Director’s Blog “What is Community Paramedicine?”
What is Community Paramedicine?
“Community paramedicine is a locally designed, community-based, collaborative model of care that leverages the skills of paramedics and EMS systems to address care gaps identified through a community-specific needs assessment.” (UC Davis CP Report)
Why Community Paramedicine?
- An appropriate use of available emergency care resources
- CDC Report – “Emergency Room Use Among Adults Aged 18–64”
- Health Affairs article – “Many Emergency Department Visits Could Be Managed At Urgent Care Centers And Retail Clinics”
- Quality Improvement: Increased access to primary and preventive care.
- Capacity Development: Enhanced opportunities for emergency personnel skills development.