Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System
Emergency Medical Care Technician (EMCT) Certification
- NOTICE: Paper EMCT applications for all levels will be discontinued, requiring all applications to be submitted on-line beginning January 2015
The Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma System certifies Emergency Medical Care Technicians. Effective January 5, 2015, the Bureau only accepts on-line applications. Prior to accessing the on-line system, applicants are asked to review the flyers and tutorials provided below to better navigate the on-line application process.
Current EMCTs who do not already have an account on the new system are asked to click on the word Register to begin the process of activating a user account and establish a user name and password. It is during the registration process that current EMCTs will be asked several questions which will bring the current certification information forward from the older database. Please check all information for accuracy and edit the information that requires updates.
New Applicants will also follow the Register path but will provide additional information. Once the account is activated by the Bureau, current EMCTs and initial applicants will be able to manage the account information and submit applications electronically.
Should you run into issues using the new system, please feel free to contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 602-364-3150 or toll free at 1-800-200-8523 during regular business hours for assistance.
System User Information Flyers
Available Online Application Training PowerPoints
- Series 1: Creating an Initial Secure Account
- Series 2: The EMCT Profile Search Public & Employer Feature
- Series 3: Submitting an Initial EMCT Application
- Series 4: Submitting a Renewal EMCT Application
- Series 12: The Secure Account Registration Process
- Series 13: Upgrading Process for EMCT Level