Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Arizona Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Clients & Families - Breastfeeding Support
WIC recognizes breastfeeding as the ideal nutrition for infants - the best practice is to breastfeed your baby for at least one year. The benefits of breastfeeding for your child include:
- Developing a unique mother-child bond
- Protecting your baby from illness
- Providing the perfect food for your baby
For moms who breastfeed, WIC provides extra nutritious foods. Plus, if you return to work or school, breast pumps may be available. Please ask your WIC staff if you have any questions about breastfeeding or call the 24-hour Breastfeeding Hotline at 1-800-833-4642.
- Bureau of Nutrition and Physical Activity Breastfeeding Program
- Keep It Simple
- Health Risk Messages
- AZWIC Breastfeeding Poster
- Breastfeeding and Obesity Prevention
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Arizona WIC Breastfeeding Plan and Timeline
Note: Files are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.