Arizona Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Careers in Public Health Nutrition
The Arizona WIC Program is an organization that values and recognizes the extraordinary impact each and every employee has on our WIC participants and the community. WIC offers a friendly, professional, and team-based environment, working together to inspire both WIC staff and WIC families to make lifelong healthy eating and activity choices.
WIC nutrition professionals work together to:
- Protect infant health through prenatal nutrition
- Promote and support breastfeeding
- Inspire healthy eating and physical activity
- Reduce incidence and prevalence of childhood obesity
- Promote policies to improve children's health
- Provide nourishing food for young families
If you are looking to make a difference, consider a career with WIC!
- Registered Dietitians (RDs) and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) bring the expertise, dedication and collective vision of creating a culture of wellness for WIC staff and participants. Local WIC programs everywhere in the state depend on RDs for core WIC services and key positions in nutrition and health education, program management and administration, staff development and training, technical assistance and breastfeeding support and policy work.
- State Public Health Nutrition Consultants have an important role within the WIC Program at the Arizona Department of Health Services in the development, implementation, operation, administration, evaluation and monitoring of public health and nutrition programs and projects. Exciting career opportunities are available for Registered Dietitians with a Master's degree and professional work experience in nutrition or a related field at the Arizona WIC Program in Phoenix.
- Nutritionists, Nutrition Education Specialists, and Certification Specialists work to maximize the positive health impacts of all WIC services, including participant-centered education and breastfeeding counseling and support. Graduates with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in nutrition from a ACEND-approved "Didactic Program in Dietetics" are encouraged to apply for these positions where they earn a competitive salary, gain valuable community nutrition experience, and receive selection priority for the WIC dietetic internship.
State WIC Jobs
The Arizona Department of Health Services has exciting career opportunities for individuals with professional work experience in nutrition and related fields, such as computer science, business and accounting, and marketing. State WIC Public Health Nutrition Consultants have an important role within the WIC Program in the development, implementation, operation, administration, evaluation, and monitoring of public health and nutrition programs and projects.
To find current openings, go to www.azstatejobs.gov and search for opportunities by entering "DHS" in the agency field.
Local WIC Agency Jobs
There are 21 local WIC agencies in the Arizona WIC Program with job opportunities for Registered Dietitians, Nutritionists, Nutrition Education Specialists, and Certification Specialists throughout the state. Requirements for these positions may vary by local agency but most offer positions for graduates from ACEND accredited Bachelor's or Master's degree programs in nutrition. Local agencies may also have job opportunities for graduates from ACEND accredited Dietetic Technician programs in other programs. Visit Arizona WIC Clinic Search.