Due to scheduled maintenance at the state datacenter, all ADHS online services will be unavailable from 10:30pm Saturday, January 18th, until 6:30am Sunday, January 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Information
Register Your AED(s) with SHARE
By registering your Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) with the Save Hearts in Arizona Registry & Education (SHARE) Program, you will receive:
- Physician oversight (free of charge); oversight required by statute: A.R.S. 36-2262
- Assistance with your AED program, if needed
By registering with the SHARE Program, you must agree to the SHARE Program requirements listed below:
- Train as many potential users as possible and ensure trainees know to call 911 as soon as possible during an emergency (keep training records to submit if requested).
- Submit a report (AED Use Form) to the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma System, Arizona Department of Health Services, within five working days after an AED is used - required by statute: A.R.S. 36-2262.
- Provide name and contact information for medical director if other than the AZ SHARE Medical Director.
- Maintain AEDs in a "ready to operate" state adhering to manufacturer recommended maintenance, required updates, and battery/electrode replacement. (It is the owner's responsibility to check their AED(s) regularly for readiness and to replace batteries/electrodes according to the manufacturer's recommendations.)
- SHARE AED Registration Agreement Conditions
- Register AED(s) Online and Report a Use
- How Many AEDs Do I Need?
- AED Posters
- Arizona AED Statutes
Includes: A.R.S. § 36-2261 - Definitions; A.R.S. § 36-2262 - AEDs; training; use; requirements; A.R.S. § 36-2263 - Civil liability, limited immunity, and good samaritan; and A.R.S. § 36-2264 - Exemption from regulation.
- Arizona Good Samaritan Law
- AED Policy Suggestions
- AED Sample Policy
- SHARE Condensed Curriculum
- CCC-CPR/AED training outline
- Sample Mock Drill
- Training Videos
- Sample AED Maintenance Check List
Customer Service: 1-800-426-0337
get or update your Cardiac Science software
Customer Service: 1-866-478-7463
Customer Service: 1-800-722-9377
Instructions for downloading AED event data
Customer Service: 1-800-442-1142