Arizona State Hospital
Volunteer Services & Charitable Donations
Volunteers make a significant and positive difference in the lives of our patients and our staff work environment. Volunteers lend their time and talents to provide direct services or behind-the-scenes support. We are always looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals willing to share their valuable time. Our goal is to find a match for your interests.
What will I do?
- Volunteers assist the Rehabilitation Department with groups, outings, and event monitoring.
- Volunteers assist with games or provide a listening ear to patients on our Civil units
- Volunteers assist Hospital staff to escort patients to church services on-grounds or to off-ground activities, such as shopping trips.
- Volunteers provide assistance in monthly events, in coordination with the Employee Recognition Committee.
- Volunteers help to solicit patient donations for the patient clothing center.
When can I volunteer?
One of the best parts of volunteering is the flexibility we offer in scheduling your valuable time. You can volunteer, mornings, afternoon, evenings, seven days per week. We'll gladly work with you to develop a schedule.
You can make a difference in the lives of our patients.
If you are interested in volunteering please call (602) 629-7373.
Help the Arizona State Hospital through your charitable donations.
The Arizona State Hospital depends on your charitable donations to support a variety of programs. Your donation of clothing or other items can make the difference for our patients. We will gladly pick up your items.
Donations are used to fund our patient work program, rehabilitation programs, and activities for our Hospital patients. Your donations are tax deductible. If you are interested in donating clothing or other items please call (602) 629-7373.
Your monetary tax-deductible donations can also be made by check to:Arizona State Hospital
Attn: Business office
2500 East Van Buren Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
Please include a general description of what you would like the donation to be used for (clothing, books, etc.)