ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Arizona State Hospital
Restricted items, or contraband, are not allowed on the units because they can be harmful to patients. Even if not listed below, items that may be considered harmful to patients may be removed at the discretion of the staff. The following items in particular are considered to be contraband:
- Guns, knives, razors, scissors, sharpeners, staples, pins, tacks, any other sharp objects
- Aerosol cans, matches, lighters, pipes, combustible items, including hair spray
- Paint, nail polish, nail polish remover, glue, white-out, plastic bags
- Metal, glass, mirrors, ceramic items, soda cans
- Drug paraphernalia, illegal drugs, alcohol, alcoholic beverages
- Loose ties, anything
with drawstrings or a cord, scarves, belts, suspenders,
- Metal-toed or hard-toed shoes, boots, spiked heels, clogs
- Jewelry: pins, necklaces, bracelets, watches, rings
- Gang attire
- Purses, fanny packs
- Cigarettes, pipes, personal food items (on Wicks 1,2,3)
- Non-prescribed (over-the-counter) medication; prescription medication; vitamins and herbal supplements
- Hygiene or other products in glass containers; mirror compacts; pencil/eyebrow pencil sharpeners
- Products that include alcohol as the first ingredient (e.g., mouthwash, body spray, lotion, perfume)
- Televisions, large radios, personal computers, computer diskettes, CDs, picture cell phones, cameras; alarm clocks, electronic games; recorders of any kind
- Batteries size AA or larger
- Reading material that is violent and/or insensitive toward religion, cultures, sex, or race
Some items, available through staff, may be used but not kept by patients. These include pens, pencils and markers, hygiene products including blow dryers, curling irons and make-up.
Staff will answer any questions about whether an item may be contraband.
PLEASE NOTE: Forensic patients may not bring anything to the Hospital except the clothing they are wearing that was issued them at the jail.
The Hospital is not responsible for any items lost or stolen, so patients are encouraged to leave their expensive items at home or in the Hospital vault.