Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Speech & Hearing
2013 HAD Exam
Since the Department is currently revising the administrative rules that affect the hearing aid dispenser licensing examination, the next exam will take place during the July and August 2014 timeframe. Changes and updates to this schedule will be posted on this page.
If you have questions, please email our Technical Assistance team at OSL TA Requests.
For the Practical Examination, you must bring the following items:
- Otoscope (incl. speculum and ensure working order)
- Impression syringe (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Impression material sufficient for one full ear impression (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Otoblocks/otodams that can accommodate a variety of ear canal sizes (cotton or foam are acceptable)
- Impression box for packing/shipping
- You may bring whatever additional materials or equipment needed that you use to accomplish this task. (e.g. Otolight/Earlight, Sanitizer/Gloves, spare batteries)
You must bring your own complete kit of the above items. You will not be permitted to share or borrow materials from another examinee once the exam has started. You are responsible to ensure everything in your kit is in working order and all necessary operating components are present such as speculum or cartridge tips.
If you have any other questions regarding the Hearing Aid Dispensing exam, it is best if you send an email with your questions to OSL TA Requests. You may also call our office at 602-364-2079.