Speech & Hearing Licensing
Updated 2014-03-24: Registration for the April 2014 hearing aid dispensing exam series is closed. The next hearing aid dispensing exam series is scheduled for October 22-24, 2014. Since the hearing aid dispensing licensing rules are currently being revised, we recommend waiting until after July 1, 2014 to submit an application for the next exam series (which is when the new rules go into effect).
If you have questions, please email our Technical Assistance team at OSL TA Requests.
- IHS ILE-HHP Study Guide (Version March 2014)
- ADHS HAD Practical Exam Overview 2014
- Technical Assistance: Bracing
For the Practical Examination, you must bring the following items:
- Otoscope (incl. speculum and ensure working order)
- Impression syringe (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Impression material sufficient for one full ear impression (your preference whether manual or cartridge system)
- Otoblocks/otodams that can accommodate a variety of ear canal sizes (cotton or foam are acceptable)
- Impression box for packing/shipping
- You may bring whatever additional materials or equipment needed that you use to accomplish this task. (e.g. Otolight/Earlight, Sanitizer/Gloves, spare batteries)
You must bring your own complete kit of the above items. You will not be permitted to share or borrow materials from another examinee once the exam has started. You are responsible to ensure everything in your kit is in working order and all necessary operating components are present such as speculum or cartridge tips.
If you have any other questions regarding the Hearing Aid Dispensing exam, it is best if you send an email with your questions to OSL TA Requests. You may also call our Bureau at 602-364-2079.