Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing
The Department will be offering provider trainings to help providers understand the rules, the licensure process, and maintaining compliance.
We will be continuing to update the training schedule. Keep checking back to find out the latest trainings ADHS has to offer!
There will be a series of 3 main trainings:
- Basics of Residential Licensing
- Licensure Process
- Maintaining Compliance
Basics of Residential Licensing
This class will be for anyone who may be considering opening up a facility and not sure what they want to do. This is intended for people who have not yet submitted an application as the application, fees, and application timeframes will be reviewed.
This class will cover preparing for an initial inspection. It’s intended for providers who have submitted an application and have not gotten their license yet. The class will start with all subclasses together and then will break out between Assisted Living and Behavioral Health to cover specifics in the rules. The Ombudsman will make an appearance to discuss the Ombudsman program as well.
This class will be a high-level overview of the rules, discussions about the top 10 deficiencies, review of the survey process, what is contained in Service Plans/Treatment Plans, completing POCs, and trends in Enforcement. This is intended for any of our currently licensed providers.
Remaining schedule in Phoenix for 2015:
- May 13th: arrive by 8am – The Basics
- June 9th: arrive by 9am – The Licensure Process
- July 8th: arrive by 9am – Maintaining Compliance
- August 12th: arrive by 9am – The Basics
- September 9th: arrive by 9am – The Licensure Process
- October 13th: arrive by 9am – Maintaining Compliance
- November 10th: arrive by 9am – The Basics
- December 2nd: arrive by 9am – Licensure Process
- December 30th: arrive by 9am – Maintaining Compliance
Remaining schedule in Tucson for 2015:
- July 28th: Depending on the demand, the class could cover The Basics of Residential Licensing, Licensure Process, or Maintaining Compliance.
- October 27th: Depending on the demand, the class could cover The Basics of Residential Licensing, Licensure Process, or Maintaining Compliance.
- Phoenix: Providers will need to call the Phoenix office, (602) 364-2639 to register. Space is limited, so it will be a first come, first serve basis. The class will be held in the main Phoenix office, 150 N. 18th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007.
- Tucson: Please contact the Tucson office for availability, (520) 628-6965. Ask to speak with Pam or Betty. The class will be held at 400 W. Congress Street, Suite 116, Tucson, AZ 85701