Due to technical difficulties, all Medical Marijuana online applications will be unavailable until 8AM, Tuesday, March 11th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing
Rules & Regulations
The statutes and rules regulating residential healthcare facilities in Arizona are available using the links below.
- Health Care Institution Licensing Rulemaking
- Arizona Department of Health Services Substantive Policy Statements
- Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 36, Chapter 4 - Public Health and Safety
- Article 1. General
- Article 7. Behavioral Health Residential Facilities
- Article 8. Assisted Living Facilities
- Article 11. Adult Day Health Care Facilities
- Clarification of Definition of Behavioral Health Professional
- Smoke-Free AZ Rules
New Draft Rules
As of March 7, 2014, new draft rules are available. The online surveys for making comments about these draft rules closed on 04/07/2014, and comments are no longer being accepted. The final version of the rules will be submitted to the Secretary of State by 04/30/2013.
- New draft rules for Article 1
- New draft rules for Behavioral Health Residential facilities (Article 7)
- New draft rules for Assisted Living facilities (Article 8)
- New draft rules for Adult Day Health Care facilities (Article 11)
- New draft rules for Behavioral Health Respite Homes (Article 16)
- New draft rules for Adult Behavioral Health Therapeutic Homes (Article 18)